Monday, April 16, 2012

Creative Writing Submissions

Ok, well I know you have all been dying to read what I have written for creative writing this year.  (Umm... yeah right, because I'm pretty sure no one reads this blog. Whatevs.)


Click to read my short story - Walker's Will


And here is the lyric poem below.  It's written in a Shakespearean sonnet form.  Sorry, I was in an extreme "girl power" mood when I wrote it.  It's a little harsh.  


Sorry to any guys reading this.  I know you aren't all like this.



Dear Bigot

If I could give you one thing back today
It would be the guilt that you made me feel.
I couldn’t say what I wanted to say
For fear of making a feminist spiel.
At the time, I didn’t hate you for this.
It was crucial for me to make that change.
I fell in a misogynist abyss
That only wanted my brain rearranged.
But then one day, I was liberated
Never to return to that awful place
Where women were forever agitated.
You thought I was no good, but here’s a taste
Of what you are missing, and it’s no lie
It is a chauvinist whom I must defy.

No comments:

Post a Comment